The local healthcare economy is larger, faster growing, and higher paying than most of the region’s other industries. Here’s a closer look at what the North Metro’s* health care industry includes:
- 15,348 jobs
- $58,918 average earnings for a health care job vs $48,600 for all jobs in the region
- From 2016 to 2021, health care jobs in the region grew 5%. All other jobs grew 0.4%
- From 2021 to 2026, health care jobs in the region are projected to grow 8%. All other jobs are projected to grow 5.6%
- Health care Practitioners and Technical Occupations make up 41% of all health care jobs.
- Health care is the region’s third largest industry, representing 9.8% of our total economy (Manufacturing 12.7% and Government 10.7%)
*Faulkner, Pope, Conway, Van Buren, Cleburne, Perry, Yell, and White counties