Let’s face it, being a small business owner or an entrepreneur can be a lonely and daunting experience. You’re juggling multiple responsibilities, wearing multiple hats, and facing multiple challenges all at once.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and lost in the sea of information and advice available on the internet. Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners often feel they have to do everything on their own. But studies show that subject matter experts can provide a significant impact on business success. For example, In a study by SCORE, 80% of small business owners who received mentoring reported an increase in revenue, and 70% reported an increase in profits. Another study by the National Business Incubation Association found that businesses that received mentoring had a survival rate of 70%, compared to 35% for those that did not receive mentoring.
The problem is that small businesses often don’t have the funding to pay for subject matter expert insight — this is where Conductor Connect comes in. Conductor, an entrepreneur support organization with the mission of empowering current and aspiring entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business leaders, recently launched Conductor Connect as a no-cost Subject Matter Expert network. Whether you’re looking to improve your marketing strategy, streamline your operations, or develop new products and services, the Conductor Connect team of trusted advisors provides monthly office hours hosted at the Arnold Innovation Center in Conway to meet your needs.
With Conductor Connect, you have access to a community of like-minded individuals who have been in your shoes and understand the challenges you’re facing. You can connect with mentors who have years of experience in your industry and can offer you valuable advice and guidance. SMEs cover specific topics including digital marketing specifically Unique Value Propositions, Offer Creation, and Ideal Client Profiles, Government Contracting specifically small business certifications and navigating contracting systems, and even web and software development. The network also covers more general topics including leadership coaching, sales, finances, process improvement, and business loans. With 11 SMEs (and growing) the network of experts can help you overcome obstacles, make informed decisions, and accelerate your growth. Some of the mentors include:
- Drew Spurgers — EOS Implementor, focusing on marketing, process improvement, business strategy, and leadership
- Lori Melton — SVP/Business Development Officer with First Community Bank, focusing on marketing, sales, financing, networking, and mentorship
- Kenny Kinley — CEO of Edafio, focusing on leadership development, financial planning, sales, and personal finance
- Melanie Moore — Community Banker at Simmons Bank, focusing on financing, business banking, and management
- Beau Wilcox — Beau Wilcox, Attorney-At-Law, focusing on civil litigation, corporate and transactional law, general property practice, and estate planning and probate
- Dr. Tracy Suter — UCA Chair of the Department of Marketing & Management, focusing on marketing research, design thinking, systems thinking, and innovation
- Jakob Michaelis — Chief Strategy Officer at Dave Creek Media, focusing on digital marketing, unique value proposition, offer creation, and ideal client profiles
Tapping into Conductor Connect is easy, you just visit www.arconductor.org/conductorconnect, browse the available experts, select your expert(s), and book an appointment with the online scheduling system. All of the Conductor Connect SMEs host monthly office hours in a regular cadence. Once your appointment is booked, you’ll just come to visit the Arnold Innovation Center in downtown Conway during your appointment time. You can schedule one visit, or continue to schedule follow-up appointments as necessary depending on your needs.
So, if you’re an entrepreneur or a small business owner looking to take your business to the next level, I urge you to check out Conductor Connect. It’s a no-brainer. You’ll have access to valuable resources and tools that can help you grow your business, and you’ll be part of a supportive community of like-minded individuals who want to see you succeed — all at no cost.